Advanced Quality Technician
About One Source Staffing: One Source Staffing is a Milwaukee mainstay providing light industrial, food production, general labor, and manufacturing labor across Southeastern Wisconsin. One Source Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
One Source Staffing is immediately hiring for Advanced quality technician that are responsible for monitoring and maintaining Clients quality standards and customer requirements, performing product quality tests, and training employees on quality control and quality assurance standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as quality on the production floor by assisting and supporting manufacturing/assembly personnel in resolving in-process quality issues.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of quality assurance and control training plans and procedures.
- Serves as a quality control and assurance trainer for new employees
- Conducts product or process audits during production to ensure quality standards are being met
- Perform data analysis using Power BI, Microsoft Excel, or Minitab to evaluate training and audit metrics/trends
- Assists in the management and maintenance of measuring equipment and calibration process.
- Perform inspection of parts for conformance to drawing specification
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Verbal and written Communication
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Analytic & Technical Skills
- Organizational Savvy
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Associates degree in quality related field (Quality Assurance, Quality Technology etc.) or high school diploma and 7 years work experience minimum.
Experience and/or Training: 5-10 years of progressive experience in the technical skills unit required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:KILLS:
- Food and beverage market knowledge, process and structural knowledge, knowledge of quality management systems,
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, SAP Applications, and MS Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, Project)
- Advanced understanding of part and assembly drawings, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), and DIN specifications.
- Understanding of advanced mathematical concepts and metric system.
- General social skills, capacity for teamwork, customer orientation, learning aptitude, problem-solving competence, leadership skills, time- and self-management, coordination and organizational skills, and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
PHYSICAL / WORKING DEMANDS:
- Generally good working conditions in a manufacturing plant. Moderate physical effort including frequent standing/walking and occasional exposure to high noise levels may be required. During the summer months exposure to heat and humidity may occur. Lifting/carrying objects up to a maximum of 50 pounds is necessary. The ability to twist, bend, stoop and climb is also required. Noise levels in work areas may fluctuate from 82 to 110 decibels.
- Equipment use includes telephone, PC, various measuring devices, hand and power tools as well as other tools/machinery used in the work unit.
- Ability to read and understand both spoken and written instructions and good vision is required.
- Personal protective equipment includes protective toed, oil/chip safety shoes; safety glasses with side shields; work gloves when appropriate.
- Appropriate OSHA safety training required.
- Maintain a safe working environment and comply with all safety and environmental policies/procedures. Each employee is to place environment, health and safety requirements as the first priority in the performance of their work duties. An employee is responsible for notifying their immediate supervisor of a violation or deficiency in working conditions and for recommending corrective measures, if possible. Additionally, the employee s immediate supervisor is to be notified of every injury or illness or near miss.
Our Client offers an outstanding opportunity to be involved with and challenged by leading-edge technologies, further career opportunities to learn and develop skills, a flexible work schedule and a competitive salary and benefits program. Our benefits program includes a generous health/dental/vision package, and 401(k) program in addition to other benefits. Please submit your resume.